Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Spritual Affects of the Daily Grind

It is a pleasant thought to me now, as my day is filled with hustle and bustle. I often wonder if I can retrace my steps to that moment of utter peace and serenity that was found in the arms of my guide. It is mid-day and the worries and concerns and frustrations of the week have come to a head. I am angry and frustrated, without peace. There are no streams of happiness that I can wash my blistered feet in. My heart which was once a fountain of overflowing love is now no more then a festering pool of stagnant refuse. I am wanting nothing more then that moment of tranquility once again. I pause. Breathe.
"I need a respite from the altercation that my spirit is having with the product of fallen Creation!" I cry to my Maker. In a moment of silence amidst the turmoil I am able to see light and breathe air. It is a simple moment, but the affect is overwhelming. Breathe.
I've found my blessed reprieve from the daily grind. It is still and quiet, the kind of silence that would make a conversational glutton terrifically uncomfortable. I lay open my Life's Map and let it guide my spirit down "paths of righteousness". It is here that my distractions dissolve into a dusty cloud. It is here that my daily problems find their resolution. It is here that my spirit is quieted. Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment