Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sleepy Mind


There is no rest for the weary; no sight for the blind
And no pillow to recline this sleepy mind
There is no box to store thoughts; no ropes for fears to bind
And no pillow to recline this sleepy mind
There is no journey to take; no mountains to climb
And no pillow to recline this sleepy mind
There are no words of hope; no problems resigned
And no pillow to recline this sleepy mind
With only worries in store; with all joys behind
I have no pillow to recline my sleepy mind

I have insomnia, an energy sapping sleep disorder that often leaves me without sleep. It has been four sunrises since I have last realized nights purpose, and to say the least, it has been wearing on me, body and spirit. Its strange to walk around with half your mind awake and the other half in a dream world as a schizophrenic often does. Anyway, that is what this poem speaks of. Often when greeting the dawn I feel that I have failed once again, leaving me down trodden and frustrated. I don't mean to end this post on a sad note, so I will end with a Scripture verse. "Cast your anxieties on Him [Christ] for he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment