Saturday, October 15, 2011

Taking the One for the Sake of Honesty


                The simplicity of life and the complexity of the world around me seem to be in extreme conflict with one anther which leads me into thoughts and actions that often boarder on the impure and Hedonistic. I must take this step out into public confession. I am not as I should be. I am neglectful and often lethargic in my spiritual life. I do not engage in the scriptures as I should. I do not emulate Christ in my every thought and action, and for this I am sorrowful. My spirit should dwell on things of eternity. This is where my mind has been as of late. My experience of cognitive dissonance is leading me into a place where I desire a change from my worldly life to a more Christ centered life. I want to weed out the evil and unnecessary to live a life that is fecund and blessed.  My heart and soul are crying out for more! I need more of Christ and less of me!
GOD!
Give me your heart and spirit;
Give me the will to be a man of integrity for YOUR name’s sake!
For Your name’s sake!
May I be a bringer of your light and graciousness!
May I be a blessing to those who you place in my path!
 May I be a student of your Truth!
Tear me apart, Lord;
Make me feel pain!
It is not the blessing of men that I should seek, but yours!
May I show that you are a God who is still working in this world.
May I be that Holy individual that you have called me to be.
May I be completely and wholly yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment