Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Back to Nature

I have been very pensive in posting the following poem. It is not that it is controversial, but it is more personal. I have often felt the desire to abandon the world, society, and material possessions for a simple, even monastic life. This piece of work is more about returning to a simple animal-like lifestyle.

I'm getting out of that zone
Leaving behind my creature comforts and returning to the real world
Feeling Animalistic
Back to the Basics
and free
My primeval revival is at hand
Bowing to the clay I press my hands firmly to the cool surface
I scrap my nails against the ground, tearing up my coverless abode
I shed the fur of civilization from my body
I feel the cover of nature as the protection over my now natural form
On this day the beast is all that remains
I have no name
I have no assets
Leaving behind these crushing means of identity I am now peacefully alone
My coat of fabric is now replaced with clay and hair
I miss neither family or friend
in my singular solidarity I am now satisfied
I am feeling animalistic
In my final adaptation I abandon
My words

No comments:

Post a Comment