Monday, September 12, 2011

The Christian Hipster

Cause my demise. Youth, strength, and a belief that nothing can stop me are my weaknesses. I was not made for your social systems. I was not made to envy or desire the most recent commercialized items. I was not made for financial success or even financial security! My leathery soles do not grow weary when forced to traverse cement jungles. My mouth does not crave the poison you entice the masses with through the sensual media. My veins run pure along with my views.
You can't touch me! I was made for more then you. Where you lack I am over cumbered. It is love you lack. The embracing arms of a mother, the kindness of a neighbor and the mercy of a Savior. These are the gifts that I possess! I cannot keep them to myself, despite your threats! I will continue one in my pursuit of a pure public system and a righteous society. I will not keep silent or restrain my gifts. I am so much more then you can handle; you just can't handle this.

I stand in opposition to society, not that I am anti-trend or anti-mainstream, but I am pro-love I refuse to accept the idea that I am incapable of abstaining from sensual society, which deems to us what love is, yet that is in opposition to what the Word of God tells me. I believe that I have been called to something great, through Christ. In that calling I will be given strength to do as Christ has called me, and in that I abandon the hopes of a comfortable life. My comfort is found in Christ. I do not want to bow to society as the standard of which I am to set myself, and I believe that I am called to save people from this society. To show people Christ and the love that He so freely gives is my life's calling, and through that change will come, one life at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment