Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Brothers

You say that you have a concern for my soul
You say that the injustice that you see day to day is of great concern to you
You cry to your God, “Break my heart for what breaks yours!” then you leave your churches and continue on with your week unaffected by your emotional experience at your Palace of worship
You have stepped by me each and every day
All the while I am alone and cold
Give me a blanket and cover my nakedness
Give me soup and fill my stomach
Give me a bed and shelter
I am the bastard of society; the illegitimate son of your apathy
You have ignored me and I feel your eyes turn from me
I am humanity at its best description
My bloodshot eyes and shaking palms are crying out for the love of a savior to be demonstrated in MY life
Will you show me Christ through your actions?
Or will you just be another passerby
“Whatever you have done for the least of these, it is as if you have done it for me.”

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog. You are wonderfully gifted in writing. This has been my favorite post so far.

    ReplyDelete